|Mirror [#1]||Spanish Wine Guide (Wines of Spain).pdf||30,139 KB/Sec|
|Mirror [#2]||Spanish Wine Guide (Wines of Spain).pdf||37,323 KB/Sec|
|Mirror [#3]||Spanish Wine Guide (Wines of Spain).pdf||44,766 KB/Sec|
With this guide, we explore perhaps the most dynamic wine-producing country in world, Spain: from the complex garnachas of Priorat, to the enticing vedejos of Rueda, to the enigmatic sherries of Jerez. In addition to being great values, the wines of Spain are exciting, as they are based on many little-known indigenous varieties. Equally valuable as a travel guide and wine shop companion, this Approach Guide is designed as a quick-reference resource for wine enthusiasts seeking to understand what makes Spain’s wines unique and make informed choices. (2019 update includes new vintage ratings)
What’s in this wine guide:
* Grape varieties. We describe Spain’s primary red and white grape varieties and where they reach their highest expressions.
* Vintage ratings. We offer a straightforward vintage ratings table, which affords high-level insight into the best and most challenging years for wine production in Spain.
* Denomination profiles. We provide detailed profiles of each of Spain’s denominations. For each denomination, this guide describes the prevailing terroir, the types of wine produced and what makes them distinctive.
* A distinctive approach. This guidebook’s approach is unique: rather than tell you what specific bottle of wine to order by providing individual bottle reviews, it gives you the information you require to make informed wine choices on any list.
* Recommendations. We mark our favorite appellations with asterisks (*) — our selections have a record for providing quality, consistency and good values.
* Information the way you like it. As with all of our guides, this book is optimized for intuitive, quick navigation; information is organized into bullet points to make absorption easy; trademark features of grapes and denominations are front and center.
Publisher note: This wine guide is focused on wine education, highlighting the unique aspects of Spain's wine growing regions and grape varieties; this guide does not profile specific producers or rate individual wines.
ABOUT APPROACH GUIDES
Wine guides for the ultra curious, Approach Guides takes an in depth look at a wine region's grapes, appellations, and vintages to help you discover wines that meet your preferences.
PRAISE FOR APPROACH GUIDES
Compulsive (and compulsively informed) travelers, the Raezers are the masterminds behind the downloadable Approach Guides, which are filled with a university course-worth of history and insights for 62 destinations worldwide. WHY WE LOVE IT: The Raezers share our desire for deep, well-researched information on the wonders of the world.
- Travel + Leisure
What started as one couple's travel notes aimed at filling in the gaps in guidebooks has become ApproachGuides.com - a menu of downloadable travel guides that cover cultural and historical topics of interest to thoughtful travelers. What's hot: Bite-sized travel guides that specialize in topics ranging from 29 pages on the foods of Italy to one that helps you explore the historical and architectural significance of Angkor's famous temple structures in Cambodia.
- LA Times