|Mirror [#1]||DIY Pantry: Canning and Preserving Basics for Sustainable Living.pdf||20,652 KB/Sec|
|Mirror [#2]||DIY Pantry: Canning and Preserving Basics for Sustainable Living.pdf||45,105 KB/Sec|
|Mirror [#3]||DIY Pantry: Canning and Preserving Basics for Sustainable Living.pdf||42,685 KB/Sec|
There is something really special about filling the plates on your dinner table with food you grew and raised yourself, or that you bought from the farmer down the road and really know where it came from. Learning to preserve that food can extend that sense of accomplishment and connection all year round.
Food preservation is one of the most basic skills any family looking to live a more sustainable lifestyle can have. It cuts down on food costs, extends the harvest, increases your self-reliance, and reduces waste. It allows you to reap the benefits of all your hard work over a longer time frame. It is more sustainable and makes the best possible use of resources. With so many great reasons to learn basic food preservation, why would anyone would choose not to do it?
In “DIY Pantry: Canning and Preserving Basics for Sustainable Living” best-selling author Gaia Rodale provides the know-how needed so you can start canning, drying, and freezing your own food. This is not a recipe book but a guide to food preservation techniques with plenty of resources for finding the best, and safest, recipes to preserve whatever your heart desires!
After reading this guide you will know:
• Why home food preservation is perfect for homesteaders, and anyone else wishing to increase their self-reliance and live a more sustainable lifestyle
• The basic steps and important safety considerations used in canning for both water-bath and pressure canning methods, as well as which foods should be processed using which methods; this is SUPER important
• The basics of drying and dehydrating food, what the difference is, and which foods work best with these methods
• The standard process and tips for successful dehydrating and storage after the fact
• Tips for freezing all kinds of food for maximum freshness and longevity, as well as what NOT to freeze
From understanding the difference between boiling water canning and pressure canning to learning how to tell if something is properly dehydrated, this book provides you with the in-depth information you need to start safely and inexpensively preserving the products of your homestead or your local farmer’s market.
Scroll up and get your copy of “DIY Pantry: Canning and Preserving Basics for Sustainable Living” now…